Friday, March 11, 2011

India Service Project and Taj Mahal

These are pictures from my time here in India. I did a service project at a local school for disadvantaged children in a fisherman's community affected by the tsunami. Then my friends and I flew to Dehli (then drove 4 hours) to see the Taj Mahal. Overall, a great trip filled with lots of laughter and many memories!

In the classroom - Day 1

School Service Visit

Schools out for the day...thumbs up!

English Lesson

They don't have desks or tables in this classroom so the kids work on the ground

Classroom full of students

Greg and I taught this class geography

Every student gets a free lunch...this is where they make and serve lunch

Main Gate

Taj Mahal

Inside the Taj (Greg, me, Gaby, Joss)

Camel and cart...

Agra Fort

Marble Shop...each piece is so detailed and intricate

Back on the ship in Timitz Square...so happy to see familiar faces, smell clean air, and lay in a comfy bed

No comments:

Post a Comment